After doing laundry (sweaty clothes and lingering smells of smoking rooms), I met up with B**** around Nakano [中野] station for lunch (and on the way I saw yet another long jacket that I loved at a great price, so all in all jacket success).
We did some karaoke and then she tagged along with me to the Vampire Café in Ginza [銀座], which was pretty fun, but that needs to be done in groups so you’re in the main area and not the tiny booths to the side, because then you miss all the atmosphere. Another thing off the bucket list! The ambience of the café was amazing, and the food was not bad. Unfortunately, our waitress was not in the mood to deal with the poor-Japanese-skills customers. As there were two of us, we had one of the little booths. They closed the curtains to give it a casket-y feeling (I’m guessing). We ordered a set for two, Mankitsu Course [満喫コース], literally “Enjoyment course”, and a couple of cocktails – a ブルッドオレンジジュース “blood orange juice” and a ブルッドオレンジサワー “blood orange sour”.
Food consisted on:
- ハム 盛リ合わせ: Ham assortment, more like sausage assortment with biscuits.
- シーザー サラダ: Caesar Salad, really nice but not “Caesar”, it had a salmon rose.
- ガリック トースト: Garlic toast, in the shape of coffins, really adorable
- イカスミ パスタ: Squid pasta, surprisingly good and with an adorable Grim Reaper presentation.
- ハーブ & スパイス - チキン Herb & Spice Chicken, flambéd at the table
- 2色アイス: Two-colour ice-cream, strawberry and vanilla in an edible cookie mini-bowl with little spider legs and glazed-cherry eyes
The meal, including drinks, was actually cheaper than I expected when divided between the two of us. The whole atmosphere was rather quiet because the velvet curtains drowning the sound from other customers; the ambience music was creepy music-box like, but very faint. I might want to come back, or maybe not, Jury’s still out.
Walked distance: 15168 steps / 10.8 km, again somehow.